Thursday, June 2, 2016

Who Says Leaves Have to Be Green...Yellow...Orange...Brown? Why Not Sweet Sugarplum?


Are you having fun browsing the new catalogue online! Bring your wish list/order with you to the Open House at my place on Saturday!

I am having a lot of fun playing with colour combinations to go with the new In-Colours! Today's card shows the new Sweet Sugarplum coordinated with Smokey Slate! I so love how these two colours compliment each other! This is a very easy card and Lovely CAS card layout to use. Great for creating multiple cards. I would have loved to make a dozen of this card as well, but alas, this was all the Sweet Sugarplum that I had left. Guess what's on my next shopping list?



I also felt a need to do something a little out of the ordinary. I was thinking this to myself as I was putting away some of my stamp sets, and my eyes fell to the Vintage Leaves stamp set. That's when I thought what I put for the tittle of this post. Why can't I make Sweet Sugarplum coloured leaves?



By adding just a touch of black, the colours sing. You can see what I did better in the close up photo below.


The side view shot below shows the layering of the card. Most of the leaf is adhered down onto the rectangle, while what hangs over it's edge is popped up.



I decided not to put white or vanilla on the inside to write on. I believe that either a regular blue or black pen will be seen nicely written on the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.


I can hardly wait to use the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock again. Hope that you've been inspired with either the layout of this card or the colour combination. Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy stamping!







Extra Stampin’ Rewards!



For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!


 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.



No comments: