Sunday, May 29, 2016

VanIsle Stampin' UP Meeting Make & Take - Double Business Card Holder


Hello everyone!

Hope your weekend is a good one whether your are busy, relaxing, or having fun.

Yesterday I attended our VanIsle Stampin' Up! meeting in Nanaimo. Since I became a SU Demonstrator  a year and a half ago, I have never volunteered to create a Make & Take for this meeting, so I thought it was about time I did.

As a Demonstrator I like to keep business cards on me at all times, but it's hard to fine a business card holder that holds a lot of cards or doesn't cost too much. So I decided to see if I could create one myself. I figured that if I created a deep pocket for my cards they would inevitably end up loose and shaking about. So to solve that problem, I thought that two narrower pockets for cards would work better. And, if a Demonstrator has business cards for work as well as for Stampin' Up! then there are two pockets that can hold each.

Here is a collage of the holder that I made for myself.



So for the meeting yesterday I made 35 kits in seven different colours and showed everyone how to assemble their business card holder.

Everyone wanted to know where to get the brass metal corner protectors. I get them from ButterBee Scraps . Here is the direct link to the corners, and the direct link to the small disc magnets I use.

If you do not wish to use metal corner protectors you can strengthen your corners using cardstock as you see in this next photo showing the corner done both ways. How to do this is also included in the instructions.


I also promised to have the instructions with measurements on today's blog post. They are listed under my instructions tab at the top of my blog, but if you click here you can access the link and print out your FREE PDF instructions as well.

I should have taken some photos of everyone working on their business card holder to share with you today, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Hope that you will enjoy working on this little project!





Your Instructions in PDF File format


SALE STAMP SETS NOT IN THE CURRENT CATALOGUE!





Hello everyone!

Did you know that there are stamp sets on sale that are not in the catalogue? Are you interested in seeing them? Below is a snap of the items...


...and here is the link to the PDF file if you need to see it a little larger.

Just email me and let me know the name and codes to the stamp sets you are interested in ordering before the end of May!






Extra Stampin’ Rewards!
For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!


 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.





2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow I would have liked to have been at your Van Isle Meeting. Not only is this a fantastic make n'take but it's also a wonderful gift for anyone who carries business cards. Thank you for sharing your talents.

Tigriswillreign said...

Coolio, Mom!