Monday, May 2, 2016

The Wilderness Awaits - Fox


With Fathers Day not far off, it's time to create a masculine card class. Last year I used Guy Greetings, and for this year I'm going with the stamp set The Wilderness Awaits.

I cased a card created by Zoe Tant using a few different elements and Soft Suede rather than the Crumb Cake she used. I think it is a little too dark on Soft Suede, so I might make another one with Crumb Cake to which one I like better.

Along with The Wilderness Awaits, I used Gorgeous Grunge as well. I'm thinking I might order a second Gorgeous Grunge stamp set because I've used mine so much!


Cased from Stampin Up UK Demonstrator Zoe Tant

In the close up below you can see where I used Whisper White Craft Ink and an Aqua Painter to apply a little white to the fox. I stamped a second fox and cut out the head to pop up over the head of the fox stamped onto the card.



Working with Archival Basic Black ink pad, I used a sponge to grunge up the edges of the card even more.

Below you can see the layering of the card.




For the inside I wanted to keep the fox light so that a person could write over it if needed, so I lightly sponged Soft Suede over the fox, and the black lightly around the edge.



There are four animals in this stamp set, so I plan to make four cards for a card class on June 6th (evening) & 7th (afternoon), a couple of weeks before Fathers Day. I'm excited to show you the next three cards, so be sure to drop by for a peek over the next few days.

Happy Stamping!









No comments: