Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Wilderness Awaits - Duck


Here in Victoria BC, we have a lot of mallard ducks that can be found in great number at Beacon Hill Park. Knowing the colours of the duck, I was trying to figure out how to get that iridescent blue/green colouring of their heads using the Stampin' Write Marker colours available to us. Using the artist 'pointalism' technique I made dots on the head combining Island Indigo & Wild Wasabi.

This is the second card I'm showing you for the masculine card class in June.


I coloured the duck I stamped on the card as well as a second duck to cut out and pop over the one stamped on the card. The next photo shows a close up of the colouring.


For the water I did use the Blending tool as well.

In the side view below, you can see the layered duck.



I love the pop of the Island Indigo banner added to the card with the other two colours; colours that the duck has.

Thank you for stopping by to have a look at this card. Looking forward to this class in June.

Happy Stamping!














No comments: