Friday, May 27, 2016

Sneak Peek - Pun Intended - Light Bulb - Hostess Stamp Set



Today we are still taking a look at the new Hostess stamp set "Pun Intended" but with the focus on the Edison Light Bulb this time. With a light bulb I found myself gravitating to yellow. There is nothing saying it has to be yellow, a person could choose any colour they wanted to. But I stuck to the traditional yellow.

These are the three cards I made.


For this first card, I must say that I cased this card from one of my favorite Stampin' Up Demonstrators, Kylie Bertucci (Australia). It is such a striking CAS card, I couldn't resist. I did make a few slight changes like a wider yellow border and putting the bulb on the right rather than the left.


In the collage below you see the inside of the card, and the bottom right photo shows how the second/top cut out light bulb is glued on at the top of the bulb but popped up toward the bottom of the bulb.


The next card, again has a lot of yellow (So Saffron DSP Stack) paired with Night of Navy rather than black. Around the banner area I sponged on some So Saffron before mounting the three 1 1/4" wide banners.

The Whisper White banner background is stamped using one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps. I love the little circle cut out on the side where I popped up the little heart from this stamp set.

The Circle mat is created using a scallop punch, punched twice to get this edge effect by rotating it slightly for the second punch.


The collage below shows the inside of the card along with a couple of details of the card.


The third of this light bulb series focuses on masking to get multiple images stamped, playing on the sentiment. Once the archival black ink dried, I was able to use a sponge with Daffodil Delight (wishing I had more Sponge Daubers so that I could get the glow better, but I just had the sponges).


LOL! I can't help but think of Disney with the black, red, and yellow! But the card is about love (red) and black goes well with red, and the yellow is the colour of light of course, so...

The collage below, once again, shows a few of the details.


It's amazing to the Edison style light bulb come back, not only in home decor, but in arts and crafts too. Well that's it for the light bulb cards. Tomorrow will come the bees!

In the mean time, happy stamping! Oh, and remember there are only four days left to get anything on your wish list from the retiring products....






SALE STAMP SETS NOT IN THE CURRENT CATALOGUE!





Hello everyone!

Did you know that there are stamp sets on sale that are not in the catalogue? Are you interested in seeing them? Below is a snap of the items...


...and here is the link to the PDF file if you need to see it a little larger.

Just email me and let me know the name and codes to the stamp sets you are interested in ordering before the end of May!




Extra Stampin’ Rewards!
For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!


 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.




No comments: