Monday, May 16, 2016

Jason's Birthday - Another 'The Wilderness Awaits' Card

Today I will will be busy unpacking and settling back into home life after the wedding in Boise, ID. For those of you that attend my classes, I'm sure I will be telling you all about the occasion. This is still a scheduled post, and possibly tomorrow I will have something new to add for you.

Before going to Boise, I made all my children and grand children's birthday cards to bring along with me to hand deliver them. My eldest son has his birthday the beginning of July, so I decided to use my new "The Wilderness Awaits" stamp set again. I hope you don't mind. I also used the "Botanical Builder" die set.

For the coloured corners, I placed Post-It Notes diagonally across the card and sponged Chocolate Chip ink on the corners. When you place another layer of cardstock over it, you get the look of oversized photo corners.

To colour in the fox I used a Q-Tip with Chocolate Chip and Cajun Craze ink pads. The grass was coloured with Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers. I also used the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker for the faux stitching


On the inside just a simple frame of faux stitching and a partial stamp of the fox again.



Thank you for checking in again for another Wilderness Awaits card. Looking forward to our next card class with the Botanical Gard DSP on the 23rd & 24th!

Happy creating!










3 comments:

Bev Dahl said...

your card is absolutely stunning. I really love the layout and layers with the faux stitching. I didn't see how you got the white for the fox face .. how did you get the white?

Sabrina said...

TY Bev Dahl, I guess I forgot that part. While I used Qtips to colour the fox body & tail, I used my aqua painters and whisper white craft ink for the white on the fox.

Bev Dahl said...

perfect. thank YOU. Love this card. Plan on casing it!