Saturday, May 7, 2016

First Sight Mothers Day for a Friend 2

This is the second of the Mothers Day cards I made for for some of my friends using the "First Sight" stamp set. Again, I had to play with the sentiments and a Stampin' Write Marker, this time in Rose Red, to come up with a Mothers Day sentiment that wasn't directly to a 'Mom'.


I worked with Wild Wasbai, Rose Red, & Crumb Cake cardstock for this card. I also added the use of the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set while off stamping twice before stamping on the card.

Two popped up layers for this card - the Rose Red matted Crumb Cake piece, and the Rose Red heart.


For the inside, I'm kind of wishing that I had not used the white and left it with the Crumb Cake.


The colour combination is not one that I would automatically go to automatically, it was one that I came up with with a little thought while looking at my stamp pads in front of me. I kind of like it, and think I will keep the the combo on my list to try again.

Wild Wasabi - 4 1/4 x 11 (5 1/2 folded)
Rose Red - 2 @ 5 x 3 3/4 (1 inside & 1 outside)
Crumb Cake - 1 @ 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 (outside), 1 @ 4 7/8 x 3 5/8 (inside)
Opptional: Whisper White - 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 (inside)

Happy Stamping!









3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card! The colors look amazing, and I don't think the whisper white was a bad selection at all. I think it set it off quite nicely! :-)

Unknown said...

I love this card! The colors look amazing, and I don't think the whisper white was a bad selection at all. I think it set it off quite nicely! :-)

Sabrina said...

TY Brenda Lilley, for your sweet comment. Have a great day!