Friday, May 6, 2016

First Sight Mothers Day for a Friend 1

With Mothers Day just a couple of days away, I'm sharing with you some cards that I made for some friends. I used the "First Sight" stamp set for these three cards I 'll be showing you.

On the Pirouette Pink card base I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Clear powder. It looks so pretty in real life and didn't show up too well in the photos.



The photo below shows the center part a little closer. I stamped the fern-like scroll, but having to use two different stamps for the sentiment, I used the words I wanted from each stamp using the Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker and the "Stamp-a-ma-jig" to position the words. The idea is that between the hearts and the text that 'a mother's love is forever' kind of thing, hopefully, comes across.


To punch the heart out of the the two layers, you first stamp and punch the top white layer. Then you attach the Soft Sky mat and line up the punch with the first punch, and punch. This way you save your punch but it looks like you've punched through both layers. I then attached the Soft Sky heart beneath the stamped white heart.

You can see just a little of the shiny clear embossing in the next photo.


Side view is next.


For the inside, I did my usual corner thing...



If you are in a hurry to get some Mothers Day cards made, feel free to case this card.

Pink Pirouette - 4 1/4 x 11 (5 1/2)
Soft Sky - 1 @ 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 (inside mat) & 1 @ 2 7/8 x 4 1/8
Whisper White - 1 @ 3 3/4 x 5 (inside) & 1 @ 2 3/4 x 4

Happy Stamping!










No comments: