Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Extra Stampin' Rewards & Unique Wedding Card 1

Hello Everyone!

Two things going on in today's post. First I'm sharing with you something that Stampin' Up! announced today.

1)

Extra Stampin’ Rewards!
For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!


 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.

2)

I am back and real excited to come home to my new annual catalogue product order. I will take some photos to share with you at a later date. In the mean time, while I work on some new creations from some of the new products coming up in the June catalogue, some of you have asked what I made for my daughter's wedding card. Well the truth be told, I actually made three cards! First I had a thought to combine the colours of the wedding; black, red & purple. So using First Sight, I came up with this card.

I used the small leafed swirl, of this stamp set, around the edge of the purple cardstock creating a frame. The only thing popped up on this 9 1/4 x 4 card is the red heart, and the Red matted Vanilla piece as you can see in the two photos below...


The five punched out hearts look beautiful even with the vanilla hearts on the vanilla backing.


As you can see it was a fairly easy card to create. On the inside, I used the larger swirl stamp in each of the corners, off stamping first. Though I did forget to do it on one corner.


I decided not to use this card as it reminded me too much of the Women's group that wears Red & Purple hats, plus it didn't look much like a wedding card to me. I was later told by one of my daughters that it did look like a wedding card. I'm still not convinced it does, lol. Anyway, tomorrow I will show you another of the three cards I made for my youngest daughter's wedding before I chose the one to give her.

Here are the measurements, in case you wish to use this design with different colours.

Black Card Base: Cut 9 1/4 x 8 - Score with 8 across the top @ 4" and fold with bone folder

Card Front: Real Red - 8 1/2 x 3 1/4, Elegant Eggplant - 8 3/8 x 3 1/8, Real Red - 7 5/8 x 2 3/8, Very Vanilla - 7 1/2 x 2 1/4

Inside Card: Elegant Eggplant - 8 1/2 x 3 1/4, Real Red - 8 3/8 x 3 1/8, Very Vanilla - 8 1/4 x 3


Thank you for stopping by to have a look at today's card.

Happy Stamping!










4 comments:

the bean said...

Love your CARD ! Love the shape and the colors you used and just love love love your card ! TFS

Sabrina said...

TY 'the bean', so nice of you to say.

Cheryl in Texas said...

Really love this card. The colors are wonderful together but the design is awesome. Will definitely be casing this!

Sabrina said...

Cheryl in Texas, TY for your thoughtful comment. Have fun casing this card. Happy Stamping!