Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF Challenge #45


After seeing the beautiful colours for this week's TGIF Challenge #45, I just had to enter another challenge! Such Springlike colours, and an idea came immediately to mind using the "First Sight" stamp set from the Occasions 2016 Catalogue.


Such soft feminine colours just had to be used for a Mother's Day card! I could make one for Easter which is coming up real soon, and I just might still do that, but as I said, this is what first came to mind.


Blending the three colours in a background water stain, so to speak, was not as easy as I thought it would be. I tried three times, and ended up choosing my second one.


I even used water colouring around the edge of the punched circle. That was fun! In the next photo you can see it up close.


To give the stamp a water colour look, I lightly misted the water colour paper, as well as the stamp after colouring the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers. Then I heat dried it and punched the heart shape.

For the circle, I lightly misted it with water and used my Aqua Painter with Pink Pirouette around the edge, letting the colour spread into the circle.

Too keep that dried circle more flat when attached to the card, I adhered it to a Pink Pirouette Punched circle.

Next you can see it from a bit of a side view to see the layering...


...and the other side.


And, on the inside of the card, I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set. I also used the beautiful new Metallics Glitter Tape from the additional (2nd) Sale-A-Bration Flyer.


So there you have it! A lovely soft & Feminine card for Mom. Try the challenge and see what your creative genes will bring forth.



Oops, I forgot to include the Stampin' Write Markers...


Happy Stamping!





5 comments:

Stampin' Dolce said...

This card is blowing me away ... the watercolor back ground, the gentle watercolor in the heart, the twine! you are amazing!

Stampin' Dolce said...

I just spent the better part of the hour roaming your sites. You are one talented lady! I tried to find your contact information to email you ... would you mind messaging me? Krista Frattin (kristafrattin@yahoo.com).

Unknown said...

Two weeks in a row with stunning creations! I love the background - so beautiful! Love the touch of the silver layer behind the watercolored background, the soft pink edge around the circle.. Very talented gal! Thanks for joining us again at TGIF challenges:)

Jeanna Bohanon said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS. What can I say that Holly and Krista haven't already? This is truly beautiful. SO GLAD that you chose to use #TGIFC for your inspiration this week!

Mercedes Weber said...

So so pretty! Thank you for linking up with us this week!