Monday, March 14, 2016

Paper Players #286 & Can You Case It #111 - You Are Remarkable


After a long and busy weekend not in my craftroom, I'm back in there creating. I'm entering two challenges today combining the colour challenge at The Paper Players and Can You Case It! There are still three days left to enter should you like to try, or go on over and check out the design team inspiration and the participant entries! Always great inspiration coming form checking our challenge blogs.

For my entry, I'm using the "Remarkable You" stamp set. The Bermuda Bay is being used for the leaves, and "Calypso
Coral" for the flowers. With black being the main colour, it makes the other really pop.

I used the Aqua Painters on both the leaves and flowers after stamping them with Archival Basic Black. Then to add a little more deeper colour for shadow I used my Stampin' Write Calypso Coral Marker.
Of course I had to fussy cut the leaves and flowers, that's just me. You can see the details on the close up below.


Even though the flower stem is stamped on Calypso Coral, I still used Bermuda Bay with my Aqua Painter on for the stems. I was glad to see that it worked out well. I was thinking it might look muddy...

In the next photo you can see from the side a bit of the layering.


Thank you for sharing in the fun with me, of entering a couple of challenges! Hope you get some great inspiration and enter too.

Happy stamping & creating!









13 comments:

Kylie Bertucci said...

Absolutely stunning Sabrina! I adore how you have used the colours. wow!

Carolyn Dieleman said...

What a stunning card, again, Sabrina. Did you stamp onto watercolour paper, plain white cs or shimmer? This is so beautiful. I love this particular colour challenge.

Sabrina said...

TY Carolyn Dieleman, I stamped onto Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay cardstock, and used a light touch with my Aqua Painter and touched up with the Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker.

Sabrina said...

TY Kylie! A great compliment coming from you. Had fun getting out of my comfort zone with this one.

Carolyn Dieleman said...

Thanks, Sabrina - now I see that. Who wouldn't love to get this card! Thank you for creating and sharing.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card ~ I love how the flowers pop out the background you chose ~ Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

Claire Broadwater said...

Sabrina, this is gorgeous! I love the way you used our color combo! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

jaydee said...

I love that you let the bright colors pop off the black base. Such a stunning card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Chloe said...

Wow Sabrina, this really is such a striking card. Those colours together are amazing and I love the fussy cutting of the flowers. Fussy cutting is one of my most favorite things to do! Thanks for joining us at CYCI - Chlo xx

Candy Ford of Stamp Candy said...

Very dramatic. Great colors. Thanks for playing along with CYCI this week!

Pam Staples said...

Absolutely striking, bold card! Gorgeous! I love how the colors just pop off the card against the black. Love the fussy cutting. Thanks for playing along with CYCI. ~Pam, DT.

Eva Bussom said...

Bold and beautiful! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Unknown said...

Sabrina, Such a beautiful card!! Love using a black background! The colors really pop!! Thanks for joining CYCI!Laura