Wednesday, March 9, 2016

KYLIE'S INTERNATIONAL BLOG HOP - Thank You

I follow Kylie Bertucci's blog, and she is hosting an International Blog Hop for Thank You cards. All Canadian and US participants must have their entries in by 11:00pm PST tomorrow! SO I thought why not?

Nearly two weeks ago I received my "Number of Years" bundle and really wanted to use it. I also wanted to play with Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Basic Gray, & Smoky Slate. The goal was to see if I could use flowers and neutral colours to create a card that could just as easily be given to a man or a woman.

I will let you judge as to how successful that goal was.


This card is 5" x 5" (I wanted to make a square card as well), and the masked interior square is 3" x 3". I cut down a sticky note to that size and centered it in the front of the card. I stamped away around this with Archival Basic Black. I then stamped several blossoms in Whisper White and let it dry. Next came stamping over the white flowers a second time with Smoky Slate, deliberately off setting the blossom. And the last stamping were the filler blossoms with Smoky Slate directly onto the Crumb Cake.


Then came the faux stitching with a white gel pen, stamping the sentiment, and lastly attaching the Metallic Silver Buttons of which black Baker's Twine was fed through, and then using the Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach them with.

In this next photo you can see that there are no layers! Yes, big surprise; layer loving me didn't do it.


But, for the inside I felt I had to. I stamped the corners in a similar fashion as the front, not needing the Whisper White ink pad of course.


So there is my unisex Thank You card (I think). Thank you for having a peek at it. I look forward to seeing all the cards that are entered for this challenge. Be sure to have a peek yourself. There may be something there that will inspire you!

Happy Stamping!





What I used in the making of this card.



8 comments:

Kim Jolley said...

I absolutely adore this!

Stephanie Fischer, the Crafty Thinker said...

This card is fabulous! I love it!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Sabrina so lovely - the faux stitching is so lovely. Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success! All the best with the voting.

Angela Westland Australia said...

Lovely, love your stitching. Angexx

Unknown said...

Lovely Sabrina. These colours work so well together. Xoxo

Deb Macdowell said...

Love your choice of colours! Very clever use of a post-it note too!!

Vicki Hunter said...

Love the idea of this card....

Sarah said...

Love your card. So creative!