Thursday, March 10, 2016

Global Design Project 26 - GDP#26 - Sketch




How many challenges can a person enter in little over a week? GDP 26 has some lovely inspiration this week for their sketch. Check it out.

I have three favorites, but Michelle Last's card really popped, and couldn't resist casing it for this sketch challenge. I guess with all the soft colours I've been working on lately, a punch of bright colours really appealed to me. Makes me think of the Caribbean/Hawaiian tropical feel. Who wants to be there right now? I've never been but have heard it is absolutely wonderful!


To achieve the criss-cross of lines for the embossing, once I embossed the Bermuda Bay, I flipped it over and embossed it again!


I chose to then die cut the Deco Label Die because I wanted the embossed frame you get when you die-cut. The yellow blossom was created with four layers of the large floral center in the Botanical Builder die set.

The next photo shows a bit of a side view so that you can see the layering.


This would be great for an invite to a Hawaiian themed party/Luau!

Thank you for stopping by to have a look today. I'm hoping to have new cards for you, using another bundle, in the next day or two.

In the meantime don't forget to check out the design team and participant inspiration at GDP#26.

Happy Creating!










4 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

Great card. The colours are so bright, they make you want to smile. Thank you for taking the time to play this week.

Connie Collins said...

This card is bright and beautiful. I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

Judi said...

What a beautiful, yet cleanandsimple card! I've been stamping for 23 years and this card is one of my favorites of all time! TFS!

Brian King said...

Beautiful card, Sabrina! What a wonderful showcase of these flowers - an amazing collection colors. Lovely! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project sketch challenge!