Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mint Macaron & Gold - "Wild About Flowers"

I've always liked gold with colours like Pool Party and Mint Macaron. I think they remind me of some of the gorgeous French Provincial rooms I've seen in photos. I really wanted to use Pool Party for this card, but guess what? I'm out! So I went with Mint Macaron. With finally getting the  "Wild About Flowers" stamp set, I had to use it and make this card.

So, this is what it looks like.


I had a scrap of the Winter Wonderland Vellum pack and cut into two (not equal) sized strips for the top and bottom striped borders. I had to laugh when I finished however, because before assembling the pieces I had prepared, I had decided to not use the metallic Gold Card Trim, but go with 1/8" strips of gold foil cardstock. As you can see somewhere along the line I had forgotten that change.

Here is a close up of what I did for the Oval focus of the card.



As you can see I stamped the blossoms onto the oval and then again on some scrap, to fussy cut and pop up onto the blossoms (except for the buds). To attach the vellum sentiment I placed a couple of mini glue dots behind the gold embossed text so that you wouldn't see them as easily.


Here is the side view so that you can see the layering.


In the next photo you see what I did for the inside of the card. Since I had the gold strips cut for the front and forgot to use them, I instead placed them inside. Oh, and I second stamped/off stamped the images for a softer inside image.


Well that's it for this card. I hope to make a few more cards using this beautiful stamp set. Because I'm busy trying to get those three albums made and scrapbooked, I don't plan on getting a card posted everyday, so please bare with me.

Happy Stamping!








Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments: