Sunday, November 9, 2014

White Space, Layers, & Circle Punches

I have made some Christmas cards with the arrival of my "All Is Calm" Specialty Designer Series paper. I was so excited when it arrived! I just love those colours!!

Since I am still acquiring my Stampin' Up tools, etc., I decided to create a challenge for myself. I do this every so often to stretch my creativity. You are welcome to try this challenge yourself! I decided that I would only use one sentiment stamp, leave a lot of white space on my card, and take advantage of paper patterns and use circle punches only.

I did this with a few cards changing up the layout design. So for the next while you will see one of these cards. Here is today's.


 I found that by layering the front with another piece of "Whisper White" my card was strengthened, even with "Dimensionals" instead of "Fast Fuse". Instead of covering my entire front with "All Is Calm" DSP, I had to leave some white space as per my personal challenge.

Here are some other views of the card.





To make this card - also see links below

Whisper White - 1 @ 4 1/4" x 11 and 1 @ 4" x 5 1/4"
All Is Calm (gray) - 1 @ 3 7/8" x 3"
All Is Calm (green) - punch out patterns with 1" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches
Stamps Set - Endless Wishes
Dazzling Details

For a real quick and easy card, I was pleased in how it turned out. This can easily be mass produced for your Christmas card mailing list! Just leave off one layer of dimensionals (behind the gray maybe).

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you are inspired to make your own personal challenges now and again when you are making your cards!And watch for the next card from this personal challenge.

Happy Stamping and crafting!



No comments: